Revised 4/11/2017. Copyright @2017; The following Documentary Timeline has been compiled and created by Paul Rhetts. It may be copied for research purposes; but it may not be reproduced for inclusion in any printed or electronic distribution of any kind without the express written permission of the author. Any requests to use this information should be sent to Paul Rhetts, LPDPress@q.com.


Abraham Middleswarth m.
s/o
d/o

DOCUMENTS 

Abraham was an Elder during the formation of the Presbyterian Church in Red Hill, Tinicum Twp, Bucks Co, PA in 1768. Abraham took the Oath of Allegiance in Plumsted Twp, Bucks Co, PA in 1777. In 1778, Abraham paid taxes in Nockamixon Twp, Bucks Co, PA. 1790 census shows anAbraham Middleswarth in Allegheny Co(Part taken from Washington Co),with 2 males over 16, 0 under, and 2 females. Second adult male wasMoses. 
Abraham and at least two of his sons moved to Allegheny Co.,PA before1790. Abraham and Moses helped establish the Bethany Presbyterian church near Bridgeville, PA. They owned three acres of land located above the present Reichhold plant on Miller's Run Road, the church purchased this land from Moses and Abraham Middleswarth at a cost of$40.77. This also included the land for the Bethany Cemetery wereAbraham, Moses and several of their family members are buried. Written records are not available concerning the first church, but it is assumed that it was erected in 1815. The building and the floor were made of bricks. Each pew holder furnished his own seat so that the pews varied in material and design. In general, they were simple slabs of wood with holes bored in them, pins inserted for legs and uprights with boards nailed to them for backs. 

Chr sponsor-Peterneltje Boogaer. 

Land for the Bethany Presbyterian church and cemetery was originally the property of Abraham Van Middleswarth and his son Moses Middleswarth. 

A Jno. V. Middleswartz and Abr'm V. 
Middleswartz were members of the Red Hill Presbyterian Church inTinicum, 
Bucks County, PA on 3/26/1768. In 1777, in the same county, Abrm,John, 
Moses, and Henry, all spelled V. Middleswarts, took the Oath ofAllegiance. 
Abraham, Moses, Henry, and another son, Jacob, moved on to western PA,where 
three of the boys served in the Revolution. (The births of Hendericus, 
Moses, and Jacobes, sons born to Abraham, were recorded in the DRC in 
Readington, NJ). When the others moved west, John returned to NJ,where he 
served in militia units of Morris and Hunterdon Counties. He paidtaxes in 
Hunterdon County, NJ from 1780 to 1790. He arrived in Snyder County in1792. 

Chr sponsor-Peterneltje Boogaer. 
Abraham was an Elder during the formation of the Presbyterian Churchin Red Hill, Tinicum Twp, Bucks Co, PA in 1768. 
Abraham took the Oath of Allegiance in Plumsted Twp, Bucks Co, PA in1777. 
In 1778, Abraham paid taxes in Nockamixon Twp, Bucks Co, PA. 
1790 census shows an Abraham Middleswarth in Allegheny Co(Part takenfrom Wash Co), with 2 males over 16, 0 under, and 2 females. 
Abraham Middleswarts is on the 1791 tax list for Moon Twp, AlleghenyCo, PA.